woensdag 29 mei 2013

First cardboard pieces

Today the first two pieces of paper maché finally got of the mold. A few days ago I've decided to make it easy for myself, I've used the plug as a positive mold for a first try out. I figured out that if this would work, I wouldn't have to make molds at all and could do with the plug as only mold. Safes a lot of work...
Here you can see the plug in red in it's, yet, final state.



I then fitted the paper maché (or should I say laminate?) on it, layer by layer.
This is the first layer.







After some more layers and 5 days of drying, I 've decided to make two pieces and remove them from the mold. See what made me happy today.


It feels good to see that the pieces came out quite nicely. Now the rest, I'll keep you updated.


1 opmerking:

Corn-Dolly zei

Mooi geworden al voor een eerste keer. Dat voor een negatieve mal.

Ik heb nog eens zitten zoeken. In mijn geheugen en archieven.
Er zijn inmiddels 3 WEB's (Willems Eigen Bouw) in het noorden van het land (Marum).
Ik meen mij te herinneren dat hij een houten mal had en deze in tweeën had gezaagd. Minder werk (en goedkoper) en toch steeds weer her te gebruiken. Willem vertelde me ook dat hij hem zo had gemaakt dat alles vooraf op maat getest kon worden in de mal. Vorkpoten, stoelpositie, achterbrug enz. Alles naar wens? Polyester lamineren maar!
Hier is een summier verhaal te vinden.
http://www.polymat.nl/assets/www.polymat.nl/ligfiets/bouw%20velomobiel.pdf
Een filmpje van de eerste show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyhO7IWeoIA
Misschien heb je er (nog) wat aan.